The Young Carers in Schools award consists of 3 awards; Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Each award is built on 5 standards devised from feedback from young carers
1. UNDERSTAND — There are assigned members of staff with responsibility for understanding and addressing young carers needs
2. INFORM — Awareness is raised by sharing knowledge about disability, illness and young carers throughout the school
3. IDENTIFY — Young carers are being identified within your school
4. LISTEN — They are listened to, consulted with and given time and space to talk
5. SUPPORT — Young carers are supported within the school, and signposted to whole family resources and services outside the school.
To gain an award, we ask schools to evidence how they are meeting these five standards.