Supporting young people affected by substance misuse

A boy takes his shopping home on a council estate

If you are affected by drug or alcohol use – yours or someone else’s – we can support you, keep you safe, help to lessen the usage if it is yours, and help you to become aware of known risks and side effects. 

We are not here to force you to give up what you are taking, we are here to help reduce harm and help you to make the changes you want in your life.

Please contact us if you would like to talk about your own drug or alcohol use, or if you are worried about someone else.

What will happen if I contact someone?

  • You will be treated with respect and not judged in any way.
  • We will try and see you within the next five days at a place that is convenient for you.
  • You can come alone or with someone else.
  • After an initial chat, you can discuss whether you would like more regular appointments.
  • You will usually see the person that you contact, but if you would like to change your worker just ask, and we will try and arrange something. We won't be offended.

If you are worried about any of this, just give us a ring and talk to us.

Parents and carers

Please get in touch if you would like support, information or advice because you have concerns about a child or young person.


Please contact us for information, support, advice or consultation, or if you would like to access training about substance misuse and young people.