Children at Risk of Exploitation (C.A.R.E.)
We support children and young adults who have been or are at risk of being exploited, that might mean that you feel like you have been forced to do something, or you've been asked to do something and feel like you can't say no.
Who is C.A.R.E. for?
Who is C.A.R.E. for?
We work with children, young people and adults aged 8-24 who are at risk of criminal or sexual exploitation.
You need to live in Essex and either be someone who doesn't want, or can't talk to government services - local authority, social workers, the police or school about the exploitation you've experienced.
How can we support you?
We know that everyone's experience is different. There is no one size fits all when it comes to support. That is why we give you options, so that you can feel comfortable. We offer:
- One-to-one therapeutic sessions — these sessions will assist you with trauma. They are aimed at helping you move forward, increase your emotional well-being and keep you safe.
- Targeted group work sessions - this 8-week program is there for when more than one person is identified as being at risk of exploitation.
- Parenting support (provided by Barnardo’s) — this support is for parents or carers of young people. It teaches them how to provide a safe family environment.
We also support professionals to help them identify young people at risk of exploitation. Through trainings and consultation we aim to facilitate a good professional relationship with whoever is in need of help.
C.A.R.E. has helped me understand things like consent more fully C.A.R.E. has helped me understand things like consent more fully
How do I access the service?
We accept referrals from any agency and/or individual working with a child, young person or family affected. Here we break it down for you:
- One-to-one and group work referrals
- Parenting support referrals
If you're worried a child is being exploited, you can use our exploitation pathway tool.
Get in touch
We are always learning and aiming to improve wherever we can. Do you have a comment or question about our services? We want to hear from you today.
Email our Service Manager or call 01245 493 311 and ask to speak to a member of the C.A.R.E. team.