There are many services, local and national, to support and help you

Teenage girl laughing over coffee

We work with young people living in families affected by domestic abuse. If you are unable to find a service in your area, then you can use our list of national support websites

Our services

Waves - Dorset

Waves offers advice and guidance to children and young people up to the age of 20, and keeps those who may be at risk safe from harm. The services offered include:

  • The Children & Young People’s Recovery Toolkit - an 8 week programme for any young person that has witnessed or experienced domestic abuse/violence. The programme aims to help children and young people come to terms with their experiences and to develop positive lifestyle and coping strategies.
  • You and Me, Mum programme helps mothers who have experienced domestic violence to explore their role as mothers, the impact of domestic violence on their children and their relationship with their children.
  • Loves me loves me not is a 5 week healthy relationship group for 12 -16 year olds.

Find out more about Waves

Resolve counselling services - Manchester, Oldham and Rochdale

The service is for children and young people aged 5–19 who have experienced or are currently exposed to sexual or domestic abuse and who live in Manchester, Oldham or Rochdale.

Find out more about Resolve

National support and signposting

National Domestic Violence helpline
Website: NDV website
T: 0808 2000 247
Website: Refuge
Women's Aid
Website: Women's Aid
National Centre for Domestic Violence 
Information and support for occupation orders and access to some funded legal services
Website: NCDV
Rights of Women
Legally accurate information relating to divorce, separation, contact, child support
The Freedom Programme
The Freedom Programme national information

Other sources of support

National Association for People Abused in Childhood
Website: NAPAC
Supporting young people who use violence and abuse
Website: Respect
Information on perpetrator programmes
Website: Cafcass
Citizens Advice Bureau
Website: CAB
Gov.Uk - Public Funds
Information for people with No Recourse to Public Funds
Website: Gov.UK