See, Hear, Respond
Do you know a young person battling with anxiety? Are you a professional working with children at risk of exploitation?
See, Hear, Respond is a partnership with other children's charities, including Barnado's and Action for Children, responding quickly to the needs of young people and their families in the wake of Covid-19.
young carers and covid-19
Are you a young carer?
The Covid-19 outbreak has been a particularly worrying and stressful time for you. You may have taken on extra responsibilities or not been able to take regular breaks from your caring responsibilities.
Perhaps you've suddenly found yourself caring for someone when you weren't previously. You could be looking after household bills or finding it hard to make time for yourself. Our well-being tips and money advice may be able to help.
This project, funded by The Department for Education and The Home Office, works in partnership with the UK's leading children's charities, including Barnardo's and Action for Children. We've compiled a list of resources to help professionals see, hear and respond to the needs of young people and their families.
If you're working with young people affected by exploitation, abuse or parental alcohol and substance use, it's important you have the right tools:
Sexual exploitation and abuse
- Seen and Heard aims to help people recognise and respond to child sexual exploitation and abuse.
- CSE Police and Prevention provides toolkits for professionals to improve practice when working with those affected by all forms of abuse.
- Our CCE guide for parents and professionals outlines what to if you think a child is being exploited.
Are you worried about someone's safety?
- If you have immediate concerns for the safety of yourself or others call 999
- If you are a child and you need to talk to someone, call Childline on 0800 11 11
- If you think a child, young person or adult with care and support needs is at risk, being abused or neglected, contact the social care team at their local council
- If you have a safeguarding enquiry for us, contact our safeguarding team.
Get in touch
If you'd like to know more about See, Hear, Respond, you can email SeeHearRespond@childrenssociety.org.uk and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.