BEAM Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
We are an emotional health and well-being drop-in service for young people under 25 years old who are registered with a GP in Shropshire, Telford or Wrekin.
Our team of experienced well-being practitioners and volunteers will listen to whatever is troubling you.
BEAM shropshire, telford, wrekin
How BEAM helps
We help with your emotional health and well-being. This means how happy you are and how you feel about life.
You are emotionally healthy if:
- you function in society - at school, college, uni, work, or with friends and family
- you are able to cope with life's challenges by drawing on your strengths
- you understand and manage your emotions
- you express your feelings in appropriate ways
- you accept yourself and show acceptance of other people.
What BEAM does and doesn't do
Our aim is to help you boost your resilience as well as develop coping skills for when life presents challenges.
- recommend strategies and techniques that aim to make life easier – for example, how to manage a panic attack, or how to improve sleep.
- give practical suggestions and advice – this might be suggesting you look at website or that you contact another service.
- provide a listening ear if you have something you want to get off your chest.
- assess or diagnose any conditions.
- automatically make referrals into other services.
- necessarily have to tell anyone that you have spoken to Beam.
There may be times where we feel we need to speak to other people, services or agencies. We will try and speak to you about this before we do.
How to access BEAM Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
Register with us, and we will get back in touch with you as soon as we can.
The service does not run on a Friday or a Sunday so we will not respond in these times.
Need urgent support?
A mental health crisis is an emergency that has a direct and immediate threat to your physical or emotional well-being. In these situations, it's important to get help quickly.
Try to stay calm and ask someone for help if you need it. It could help to tell someone you trust, maybe a family member or a friend. They can be with you and help you decide what to do. They can also contact services on your behalf.
If there is any immediate risk to life, contact the emergency services by calling 999.
Crisis support services
BEAM Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin is delivered in partnership with BeeU.