Use our free Mothering Sunday resources to celebrate everyone who cares for us.
In our work with the most vulnerable children in our society, we provide the extra mothering they need to feel loved, listened to and valued.
We work with and for children whose mothers fight every day to ensure they are looked after, and with those who are unable to live with their birth parents, for a wide range of reasons.
We offer a lifeline to these children through our workers who ensure the gap between the children’s needs and what they are able to access is narrowed. They share in the ‘mothering’ of the children, wrapping a blanket of care and hope around them.
Our Mothering Sunday resources focus on the mothering we can all offer, we can all receive and to which we can all contribute for those in greatest need in our communities. The wide range of sermon ideas, prayers, all age worship materials, Messy and Sunday school activities can help you and your church celebrate Mothering Sunday and everyone who cares for us.
Sign up to our prayer email to hear when new Mothering Sunday materials are available in early February, or use last year’s materials available below.
2014 Mothering Sunday resources
Please use these resources to help you celebrate Mothering Sunday.
- Mothering Sunday guide
- Background to the Scripture readings
- Sermon ideas
- All age service suggestions
- Prayers and intercessions (download as a Word document)
- Ideas to use with children
- Young people film ideas
- Things to do at home
A big thank you to...
- The Rev'd Peter Moger, Church of England National Worship Development Officer
- Mary Hawes, Church of England National Children's Adviser
- Lucy Moore, Messy Church (see also Bible Reading Fellowship)
- The Rev'd Ally Barrett, St Mary's, Buckden
...for their input into the resources.
Our prayer email
Sign up to our monthly prayer email to hear about our other worship resources and to join us in prayer.