These flexible resources offer opportunities for reflection, prayer and conversation.
With authors including the Right Rev David Walker, Bishop of Manchester, and Krish Kandiah of the Evangelical Alliance, the materials explore what poverty means to children and young people beyond lack of money.
The six sessions can be used in any order, or select from the set according to the time you have available. The worship ideas might be used as a stimulus for sermon preparation, for all age services or for alternative service ideas during the week.
If you have any comments or feedback from your conversations we would love to hear from you. Please email us.
Our Lent resources
Please use these resources to help you and your church reflect this Lent.
- Poverty of choice, reflection by Janet Morley
- Poverty of voice, reflection by Jim Davis
- Poverty of time, reflection by Mo Baldwin
- Poverty of hope, reflection by Gulwali Passerlay
- Poverty of relationship, reflection by Krish Kandiah
- Poverty of resources, reflection by Rt Rev David Walker
What can you do?
- Use Benevolent, our new Lent calculator app, to motivate you this season
- The Children’s Commission on Poverty has brought children together to examine children’s experiences of living in poverty. Sign up for updates and join us in praying to see poverty through young eyes.
- Three million families are likely to cut back on food so they can pay their energy bills this winter. Email your MP and ask the government to ensure no child’s health suffers because of a cold home.
- Use our worship resources to inspire your church to get involved with our campaigns
Keep in touch
- Sign up to our monthly prayer email to hear about our other worship resources and to join us in prayer for children and young people.
- Follow us on Twitter on @ChildSocChurch