Use our Lent resources for reflection and action.
We've also got lots of ideas to help you host a pancake party with your church, loved ones or community. Have fun knowing that every penny you raise can change the stories of disadvantaged children across England.
Sign up to our prayer email to hear when the resources are available and to join us in prayer for children and young people.
2014 Lent resources
These flexible resources offer opportunities for reflection, prayer and conversation.
With authors including the Right Rev David Walker, Bishop of Manchester, and Krish Kandiah of the Evangelical Alliance, the materials explore what poverty means to children and young people beyond lack of money.
The six sessions can be used in any order, or select from the set according to the time you have available. The worship ideas might be used as a stimulus for sermon preparation, for all age services or for alternative service ideas during the week.
- Poverty of choice, reflection by Janet Morley
- Poverty of voice, reflection by Jim Davis
- Poverty of time, reflection by Mo Baldwin
- Poverty of hope, reflection by Gulwali Passerlay
- Poverty of relationship, reflection by Krish Kandiah
- Poverty of resources, reflection by Rt Rev David Walker
Keep in touch
- Sign up to our monthly prayer email to hear about our other worship resources and to join us in prayer for children and young people.
- Follow us on Twitter on @ChildSocChurch