When: Saturday 23 April - Sunday 1 May 2016
Duration: 9 days
About: China leaves a lasting impression on all who go there, with its history, mythology and ancient traditions.
Trek along the staircases and crumbling watchtowers of The Great Wall of China on this demanding, but rewarding trek. This nine day trip, with five days of walking, offers fabulous scenery and a fascinating insight into a rich culture and history.
The challenge finishes at the top of Heavenly Stairway, which on a clear day has views of the mountains all around. The event concludes in Beijing, and as a reward for all your hard work, you’ll experience the sights and sounds of China’s capital city with a guided tour of Beijing and its Forbidden City and then enjoy a celebratory team banquet.
This trek is exclusive to The Children’s Society and is a great opportunity for you to meet new people, make new friends and speak to others who are equally passionate about helping this country’s most disadvantaged children and teenagers.
Minimum sponsorship requirements: £2,850
We will support you every step of the way:
• Welcome pack, email updates and invaluable fundraising advice
• Branded t-shirt to wear on your challenge
• Training and introductory day: your chance to meet your fellow trekkers
• Online Training Zone with your own virtual personal trainer
• First-class service from our dedicated Events Team