Join us to cheer on our runners at this year's London Marathon
Where: London, England, near the Limehouse and Embankment areas
When: 26 April, 11.00-14.00 and 13.00-17.00
About: Join us for on 26 April in supporting our 82 runners in this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon. We have two cheering points and would love you to join us at either cheer point.
The locations and busy times are below; These are the best times to see the majority of runners when the atmosphere is at its best.
- La Figa Restaurant - 45 Narrow Street E14 8DN – 200 metres from Limehouse DLR Station. – 11am-2pm
- Embankment – outside of the Embankment Station, Victoria Embankment, WC2N – 1pm-5pm
Can you join us?: Please send us a tweet and let us know.
Join our team of marathoners next year
Apply for a guaranteed place with The Children's Society. More than a million people will line the streets of the route screaming your name as you make your way through the 26.2 mile course - it'll be an unforgettable day that we can give you the chance to be involved in.
Double your chances of securing a place in the race by entering the London Marathon ballot, which opens on bank holiday Monday and closes at 5pm on Friday 8 May.
Event date: TBC April 2016
Registration fee: £75
Minimum sponsorship amount: £2,000
We will support you every step of the way
For all of our runners, we offer:
- an online training zone with access to route planners, calculators, your own personal trainer and the chance to interact with other runners
- a dedicated Events Team to support you and help with any fundraising or training needs
- a team training day in January with expert guest speakers
- a personalised running vest
- cheer points along the route to keep you going
- a post-race party with a well-deserved massage and a goody bag for you as well as refreshments for you and your supporters