Join us to cheer on our runners at this year's London Marathon
Where: London, England, near the Limehouse and Embankment areas
When: 26 April, 11.00-14.00 and 13.00-17.00
About: Join us for on 26 April in supporting our 82 runners in this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon. We have two cheering points and would love you to join us at either cheer point.
The locations and busy times are below; These are the best times to see the majority of runners when the atmosphere is at its best.
- La Figa Restaurant - 45 Narrow Street E14 8DN – 200 metres from Limehouse DLR Station. – 11am-2pm
- Embankment – outside of the Embankment Station, Victoria Embankment, WC2N – 1pm-5pm
Can you join us?: Please send us an email and let us know.
Are you running in this year's marathon and already have your place?
If you already have your place in the 2015 London Marathon, we would love for you to join our team. Don't miss our video about why you should join our team.
By running for The Children’s Society as an own place runner, we have several benefits - outlined below - that can help with your training and your fundraising.
To join our team, there is no registration fee or fundraising obligation.
Why run for us?
Following the 2014 London Marathon, several of our runners told us how much they valued being part of our team, and what it meant to them to support vulnerable children.
We will support you every step of the way
For all of our runners, we offer:
- an online training zone with access to route planners, calculators, your own personal trainer and the chance to interact with other runners
- a dedicated Events Team to support you and help with any fundraising or training needs
- a team training day in January with expert guest speakers
- a personalised running vest
- cheer points along the route to keep you going
- a post-race party with a well-deserved massage and a goody bag for you as well as refreshments for you and your supporters
Photos from last year's marathon
We have posted some great photos from the 2014 London Marathon on our Facebook page.