Easter is the perfect opportunity to hold a coffee morning or cake sale in support of vulnerable children and young people
With Easter just around the corner, now’s a great time to roll up your sleeves and hatch a plan to organise an Easter cake sale or coffee morning in your home, workplace or community. Our Bake and Brew pack contains all the resources you need for a cracking baking event – including cake labels, posters and invitations.
Holding an Easter baking event of any shape and size is the perfect occasion to involve children and young people in baking to celebrate this special and reflective time of year. It’s also a good opportunity to engage your family, friends or colleagues with the difference that your baking can make to the lives of children supported by The Children’s Society so they can learn more about what we do and help spread awareness of our life-changing work.
Easter cake recipes from star supporters
- Chocolate Easter 'Eggstravaganza' Cake - This indulgent, easy-to-make chocolate cake is perfect for an Easter family gathering - why not get the kids to help decorate it with Easter treats?
- Hala El-Shafie's Vegan Brownies - A delicious gluten, dairy-free and vegan recipe that everyone can enjoy this Easter - this recipe is kindly reccomended by Hala El-Shafie, TV presenter & consultant nutritionist.
- Joanna Forest's Red Velvet Cake - Official UK Number 1 Classical Album selling classical singing star Joanna Forest is pleased to share this delicious recipe for her favourite Red Velvet cake.
Watch this space for our eggsclusive recipes kindly donated by celebrity chefs which make it easy to include all ages in Easter-cake-making:
Tips for an eggs-ceptional Bake and Brew
- Make sure no one’s eggscluded: When holding a Bake and Brew It’s always a good idea to include a bake suitable for guests with allergies or intolerances (e.g. gluten or lactose)
- The more the merrier: Let everyone know about your Easter cake sale or coffee morning by putting up posters a couple of weeks beforehand, making a Facebook event or sending out invitations from our Bake and Brew pack.
Paying in your Easter Bake and Brew funds
There are three ways to pay in donations from your Easter cake sale or coffee morning:
Use our handy online paying-in form. Pay the money into your bank and then use this form to donate online.
Order a giro. Simply take the money to your local bank with the giro and the funds will reach us.
Write a cheque made out to ‘The Children’s Society’ and send Freepost to:
The Children's Society
Edward Rudolf House
69-85 Margery Street
Happy Easter baking!