Will you collect for children this year?
From 11–25 April supporters across the country will be taking part in Collection for Children. By organising a collection this year, no matter how small, you can help to support our vital work with children.
Ways to collect
It’s really easy to get involved, just choose one of the following collection activities:
- Carry out door-to-door collections in your local area.
- Do street collections in your local town centre (with permission from your local council).
- Take a collection bucket to an upcoming event such as a concert or quiz night.
- Ask friends and family to make a donation online at www.justgiving.com/collectionforchildren
- Place one of our collection boxes in a local pub, shop, gym or workplace reception for the fortnight (with permission from the venue).
Read more about collection options and important information to consider.
We’ve got everything you need to start collecting. Visit our resources page to access your free collection resources.
Top tips for collectors
We have gathered some top tips to make sure your collection is as successful as possible - everything from recruiting volunteers to increasing the value of your donations through Gift Aid.
Paying in money
You can use a giro form to pay in all money to The Children’s Society account at any
Barclays Bank or Post Office. A giro form will automatically be included with all resource orders, though additional giros can be ordered.
Alternatively, you can send cheques made payable to
‘The Children’s Society’ to:
The Children’s Society
Edward Rudolf House
69–85 Margery Street
London WC1X 0JL
Or if you want to bank the money yourself, you can pay it in online using our fundraising donation form (coming soon).
Remember to also send in any completed collection envelopes so we can claim Gift Aid.