To ensure all your Bake and Brew efforts make the biggest difference, we have put together some tips to boost the money raised at your event.
- When your guests make a donation, ask them to put their details on our Gift Aid form, available to download, so we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 donated.
- Sell extras such as home-made jam, crafts, plants, books or other bric-a-brac.
- Try to get things such as edible decorations or tea bags donated from local supermarkets.
- Hold a raffle and asking local businesses such as hairdressers and delicatessens to donate prizes.
- Promote our text giving number and encourage people to text BAKE07 £5 to 70070 to donate £5.
- Set up a Just Giving page so your guests can donate online. It is easy to do, just follow this link. This may also help bring in extra donations from people who want to help but cannot attend your event.
- Use our free fundraising materials and play games such as ‘pin the cherry on the cupcake’ or holding a cake themed quiz. You could also hold a bake-off or run a competition for people to guess the ingredients in an unusual cake or the number of coffee beans in a jar.
- Hold an auction and ask people to auction off their baking skills.
- Invite more young people by asking your local school or youth group to join in.