Heswall committee's events with friends
Heswall committee's events are organised around the members' interests and are a great way to catch up with friends and raise vital funds for The Children's Society.
Events they organise include:
- Coffee morning bridge drives, which raise £500
- Pancake lunches, which raise £400
Organisation and promotion tips
Both events are held in someone’s home or a small hall so seating is limited. Tickets are sold in advance to friends and family, but no advertising is done because of the location. It is all kept very close to the committee.
Heswall committee's chair, Belinda, stressed that the committee and events are small but they both raise a large sum of money each year. It is a hit because it is always good to have people coming together for a visit!
Belinda said: 'They are simple events to organise. Amongst the ten people of the committee we choose what events to organise by each member choosing something that they like and have an interest in planning and putting on. It depends on the dynamics of the committee what type of events we host and how to organise. It must be something the committee desires to do and will enjoy.'
Socializing with friends is a great way to bring people together.
If you'd like to ask the Heswall committee questions about their events, please contact us.
You could also
- Visit our Bake and Brew pages for more tips and guidance.
- Download our fundraising guide for groups and committees, which contains numerous tips and resources for organising your own event.
- Organise a carol singing event as a great excuse to have a catch up with friends.
If you've organised this type of event before or have questions for others who have, please leave us a message in the comments section.