Ideas for events
Our supporters organise a range of successful events, including coffee mornings, quiz nights, golf days, murder mysteries, band nights and open gardens.
We have gathered some great examples into a handful of categories based on event type and the number of people involved.
Please take a look at the events below and get inspired by some of our fantastic fundraising groups!
You can organise a quiz, host a fancy dress party or hold a coffee morning!
- Cake bakes are great events - read about our Melksham group and their successful event.
- Organise around your interests - see how Heswall committee run enjoyable events.
Larger community and corporate events
Organising an open garden or holding a traditional street party are two large events you could organise. Getting businesses to tee up for a golf day has been a big success in the past, as well.
- Get out into your community - Kenilworth committee organises a theatre event that is open to all.
- Hold an outdoor event - see how Crosby committee organise a garden party.
You could organise a summer fete, or have a cosy Christmas lunch and ask your friends to donate. You could also hold a Christingle service if you attend a church or sing carols in your community.
- Sing carols in a popular spot - Our High Wycombe support group has organised carol singing events for 28 years.
- Organise a concert - see how the Lymington committee hold a successful concert.
If you're a musician or singer, you can play a special concert in your community or get active and join one of our runs.
- You could organise your own events with a little help - like Marilyn in Epsom, who is a one-woman support group.
- Gather books and sell them to raise money - see how to organise a successful book sale.