Planning your event
Here are some top tips to help you plan your Bake and Brew event:
Before your event
- Pick a date during our Bake and Brew Week (3-9 September) or on another day that suits you.
- Choose a venue. At home? At work? At church? It really is up to you.
- Invite your friends, family, colleagues and neighbours – Use our invitations or posters or use Facebook, Twitter or email to let people know when and what is brewing.
- Pop the kettle on, bake some cakes and why not serve up some entertainment whilst you’re at it? Download our quiz or add a craft sale or some games.
- Order your free fundraising materials. We have plenty of free materials to support your event.
- Read our fundraising tips. We have put together some ideas to help you raise as much money as possible for vulnerable children.
- Gather provisions. Don't forget to buy everything you need for your event. Coffee, tea, cups, spoons, sugar, milk, cakes etc. Keep an eye out for the Fairtrade options available in your local supermarket and make your Bake and Brew event support children and the community on a global scale.
On the day
Enjoy yourselves and thank everyone for coming!
After your event - Paying in your money
Thank you. Once you’ve counted up the money you’ve raised and given yourself a pat on the back, send in your money using one of the following ways:
- Send a cheque made payable to ‘The Children's Society’ to:
The Children's Society
(Bake and Brew)
Edward Rudolf House
Please include your name, full address, phone number and email to allow us to send you a thank you for your hard work.
- Complete a giro and pay it in at your local bank
- If you would prefer to send us the money another way, please call Supporter Care on 0300 303 7000 for more information