Marilyn in Epsom - an individual support group
Our Epsom support group is a great example of how a single person, supported by several others, can make a huge difference.
In Epsom, Marilyn organises all sorts of events and activities to raise funds for The Children's Society and we are amazed that she manages them all!
Networking, Christmas cards, collections, parish giving and other activities
Marilyn's activities include:
- networking with local parishes to encourage them to help her and to organise their own events
- buying The Children's Society's Christmas cards and distributing them to various churches to sell
- acting as box co-ordinator across two and a half parishes, collecting money that people have donated
- going house-to-house with our Collection for Children every year
- helping the parish to give a percentage of their collections through parish giving, raising around £1400 each year
- appearing as a volunteer speaker before various audiences, giving talks about our work
Marilyn says she used to hold coffee mornings and other events with the Epsom committee, but now being a one-woman committee, she assists others in the organisation of their own events.
We owe a huge amount to Marilyn for everything she does and for inspiring so many others to support vulnerable children.
If you would like to ask Marylin a question about her busy role, please contact us.
You could also
- Join one of our runs or take to the sky with a parachute jump.
- Organise a cake sale at work or in your community - read about the Melksham committee's cake bakes - you'd be surprised how many people will want to show off their baking skills for you!
- Download our fundraising guide for groups and committees, which has contains numerous tips and resources when organising your own fundraising event.
If you have worked in a capacity similar to Marilyn's, let us know - leave a comment.