- One of my box holders has changed their address, how should I inform you about this?
- I also organise a Christingle service every year – can I just pay in the box money at the same time as our Christingle donations?
- Can children aged under 16 become box holders?
- Do I need to carry ID when performing my volunteer role?
- What should I do if I no longer want to be a box coordinator?
- How much time will I need to give for this role?
- Can I claim any expenses as a box coordinator?
- Are there other ways I can support The Children’s Society?
When you are completing the box list during box opening time, there is a designated space to record address changes as well as other changes. If you need to tell us about a change at another time of year, please call our Supporter Care team on 0300 303 7000.
2. I also organise a Christingle service every year – can I just pay in the box money at the same time as our Christingle donations?
To help us allocate money correctly we would like you to pay in box donations and Christingle donations using the specific giros provided. If you have to pay it all in together, please include a note showing how much each activity raised when returning your box list.
Yes, absolutely! It can be a great way for children to raise money by putting some of their pocket money in a collection box. But we need to know that they are under 16, so when completing their registration forms, make sure the appropriate section is completed with their date of birth.
When recruiting box holders or collecting donations, please carry the authorisation card supplied in your welcome pack. Evidence of your volunteer status is always reassuring for supporters, especially if they don’t know you already.
We understand that commitments and priorities change over time. What we would ask is for you to think about who could take over your role (a box holder or church committee member perhaps). Please inform our Supporter Care team of your resignation so we can start looking for a replacement.
Your time commitment is entirely up to you. As a minimum we ask you to conduct the box opening annually in your allocated month if at all possible. This can take as little as a few hours if holding a ‘box opening’ event. More time could be spent recruiting new box holders but this can be done as part of your normal routine and doesn’t have to take up extra time.
Expenses cannot be claimed for this role. We do not expect you to incur any costs as all the materials needed to carry out the role are provided.
Yes – here are just some of the other ways to get involved:
- Become a campaigner and encourage others to support our vital work.
- Organise a Christingle event.
- Donate stock and make purchases from our network of retail shops.
- Manage some community boxes alongside your house box network.
- Organise your own event to raise more money.
- Host a Good Childhood Conversation in your local community.