St George's Day Bake and Brew
St George's Day is the perfect day to make a difference for children. All you need to do is pop on your pinny and bake some of your favourite and most delicious cakes. Then sell them to friends, colleagues and family members.
St George's Day traditionally falls on 23 April each year (Monday 23 April for 2012.) However, you can hold a Bake and Brew party at any time that suits you.
The money you raise will help across all areas of our work. Here are a few examples of what it could be spent on:
- £3 for coffee and a cake could help train someone to listen to a victim of bullying in school
- £10 could pay for a school starter pack for a refugee child, providing basic school equipment
- £100 would allow 10 young carers to get a break from their responsibilities and enjoy themselves at the young carers festival
- £250 pays for 15 disabled children to have a day out at the seaside.
The money you raise could help children like Anisha, 11, who cares for her Mum who is seriously ill.
Get your free fundraising materials
We can supply you with all the fundraising materials you will need to ensure your Bake and Brew is a big success. Download and/or order:
- St George's Day Bake and Brew: Bake a cake to help disadvantaged children - our fundraising guide (also available to order)
- Bake and Brew A4 poster (also available to order)
- Bake and Brew invitations
- Bake and Brew colouring sheets - a cup cake, a mug
- Balloons and stickers (available to order)