For over 40 years The Children’s Society Christingle has been a key part of celebrations within churches and has raised essential funds to support the charity’s work with vulnerable children and young people across the country.
By taking part in The Children’s Society Christingle you can have a wonderful celebration in your church, school or community centre at any period from Advent to Candlemas. To find out more about Christingle visit 'What is Christingle?'.
We have developed a wide range of free resources to help you create your own Christingle celebration.
- Order online – from wax candles to collection envelopes
- Download fundraising, church, school and interactive resources from our resource centre
Find out more about planning your event and see how you can get involved in this wonderful event and help vulnerable children across the country.
You can also view our our new Advent calendar which offers daily reflections with weekly candle-lighting prayers.
Every year, the hundreds of Christingle events are held in churches across the country. The candlelit services have become a firm favourite with supporters of all ages and they help us raise vital funds, so a huge thank you to anyone who attended or organised a service.
We receive a tremendous amount of support from individuals each year through Christingle services. Here is Christingle in numbers:
- £1.2m was raised last Christmas – we’re hopeful of raising even more this Christmas
- 410,000 collection envelopes were ordered – we hope they were all filled with lovely donations
- 836,850 candles were ordered – lighting up churches and schools all over the country
- Nearly 1000 services were registered on our website
- 17 cathedrals kindly held a service