If your business selects us as your charity of the year, our experienced partnerships team would work with you to develop a bespoke calendar of fundraising, engagement activities and charity events.
How can I get involved with charity of the year?
We will take the time to get to know our corporate partners, so that we understand your business objectives. We recognise that a partnership is a two-way street, and would create partnerships based on shared aims.
To us, a charity of the year partnership is more than just fundraising – it incorporates utilising your skills, expertise, business knowledge, and includes staff volunteering, gifts-in-kind.
Our dedicated corporate partnerships team will provide you with an account manager to listen to your needs and experiences, and can provide support in the following ways:
- Bespoke fundraising calendars – we will work with you to create a glittering array of opportunities, that are fun, challenging and easy to implement within your workplace.
- Dedicated events that you can tap into, including running events, treks, workplace fundraisers and campaigns.
- Team challenges – if you are looking for team-building opportunities, we have several dedicated team challenges.
- In-kind support – we would create opportunities for staff to utilise their specialist business skills and expertise, so that we can learn and benefit from them.
- Community engagement – we can match your offices and places of work with our projects near you, so you can see how your support is making a difference.
- Volunteering – we have a dedicated volunteering programme, which can meet your volunteering requirements.
- Public relations – our dedicated press and digital teams can offer guidance and support, to help promote the partnership.
Examples of current and previous corporate partners include:
Bella Italia restaurants are donating 25p for every pasta capra pasta dish sold. Employees also fundraise on behalf of us through challenge events and volunteering.
St. Saviours Nurseries in Guernsey have been supporting us for over 20 years. The have raised almost £60,000 by donating 15% of profits from their mail-order cut flower business.
Travelex collect unwanted foreign coins and bank notes through collection boxes located in our shops and through collection pouches that supporters can request individually. They have also selected us as a beneficiary of their airport charity collections.
In addition, there are so many more wonderful corporate partners, including Coinstar, Ecclesiastical, Emma Ball Ltd, Hilton in the Community Foundation, J.P. Morgan, Pennies from Heaven, MissionFish, musicMagpie and Northern Rock Foundation.
For more information on the different ways we can support your business please contact Jen Woolridge by telephone (020 7841 4652) or email.
Facts and Figures
In 2007, our partnership with the Co-operative smashed the £1,000,000 target with a phenomenal £2,300,000 through employee fundraising activities and in store promotions alone.