Responses to the inquiry
At the launch of the parliamentary report addressing asylum support for children and young people, members of the inquiry - including Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat MPs, and a bishop - shared their thoughts about the report and the inquiry's findings. We also spoke to one of our programme workers who works directly with young asylum-seekers and their families.
The people who shared their thoughts include:
- Sarah Teather, MP and chair of the commission
- Members of the inquiry
- Lisa Nandy, MP and shadow children's minister
- Abdou Sidibe, Programme Worker with our LEAP programme in Leeds
The speakers in this video include:
- Nic Dakin, MP
- Baroness Ruth Lister
- Caroline Dinenage, MP
- The Rt Rev John Packer, Lord Bishop of Ripon and Leeds
Learn more and take action
- Take part in our End Forced Destitution campaign - email your MP now and ask them to improve the support for children seeking asylum
- Learn more about the parliamentary inquiry into asylum support levels for children and young people
- Please donate today to support our work to improve young people's lives.