Learn more about The Debt Trap, our campaign to end debt's damaging effects on children.
Responses to the inquiry
At the launch of the parliamentary report addressing asylum support for children and young people, members of the inquiry - including Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat MPs, and a bishop - shared their thoughts about the report and the inquiry's findings. We also spoke to one of our programme workers who works directly with young asylum-seekers and their families.
The people who shared their thoughts include:
- Sarah Teather, MP and chair of the commission
- Members of the inquiry
- Lisa Nandy, MP and shadow children's minister
- Abdou Sidibe, Programme Worker with our LEAP programme in Leeds
The speakers in this video include:
- Nic Dakin, MP
- Baroness Ruth Lister
- Caroline Dinenage, MP
- The Rt Rev John Packer, Lord Bishop of Ripon and Leeds
Learn more and take action
- Take part in our End Forced Destitution campaign - email your MP now and ask them to improve the support for children seeking asylum
- Learn more about the parliamentary inquiry into asylum support levels for children and young people
- Please donate today to support our work to improve young people's lives.