Learn more about The Debt Trap, our campaign to end debt's damaging effects on children.
Oral evidence sessions - parliamentary inquiry into asylum support
The inquiry into asylum support for children and young people held three oral evidence sessions.
You can read the transcripts and related blog stories from the sessions.
Please find the inquiry's briefing document.
During three oral evidence sessions the panel heard directly from experts working on asylum issues, as well as young people and families with experience of living on asylum support.
The sessions took place in the House of Commons in 2012:
- 20 November (read our blog and the Session 1 transcript)
- 27 November (read our blog and the Session 2 transcript)
- 19 December (read the Session 3 transcript)
Learn more and take action
- Tell your MP we need to improve the support for families seeking asylum
- Read about the inquiry into asylum support for children and young people
- Download the inquiry's report (full text, executive summary)
- Read the press release concerning the inquiry's report
- Read about our work with young refugees and migrants