The awards are judged by a panel of young people and staff across The Children’s Society.
This year's judging panel
- Young people who received funding last year: Leanne, Katy, Mel and Toni
- Heather McMurdo, Children’s Rights Worker
- Fran Johnson, Assistant Director Children and Young People Operations Elaine Hindal, Director Campaign for Children
- Valery Lawrence, Media Officer
- Adrian Bagg, Trustee
- Suraya Patel, Corporate Participation Manager.
Young people on the judging panel share their experiences
‘It was interesting to find out other peoples stories and learn from them. Judging was really hard as everyone had hard situations and overcome and achieved some amazing things. Well done everyone, keep up the good work.'
‘It was a difficult process but it was an enjoyable experience.’
‘It’s nice to see so many young people being recognised and it’s been difficult deciding – it’s been a good day and I can use the experience elsewhere and on my CV.’
‘It’s beneficial to get young people’s perspectives on the awards and it’s been an enjoyable day. The day has also helped us suggest changes for next years awards as well.’