Salford Children's Rights Service
Programme manager: Circle Steele
Welcome to Salford Children’s Rights Service
We provide independent support and advice to children and young people from Salford who are in care, or leaving care. We are part of The Children’s Society, a leading national children’s charity, and funded by Salford City Council.
We believe that all children who live in care, or are leaving care, have the right to have their say and to make a difference to the services they receive.
Are you a young person?
We support young people looked after by Salford council and those leaving care. If you are in such a situation, we can:
- Help you to have a say about things that affect you
- Listen to you and help you sort out any problems or worries
- Make sure you’re treated fairly
Independent advocacy, independent visitors and training
To ensure that young people have a voice, we provide:
- an independent advocacy service
- an independent visiting service
- opportunities for children and young people to influence the services that affect them, and to be heard.
We also offer volunteer opportunities for people in the local community who want to make a difference to the lives of children and young people.
You can find out more about what we do by reading our annual reports: