Include is part of our refugee pioneer practice and the Young Carers Beacon, and works to meet goals and targets for these two groups
The project is home to:
- The National Young Carers Initiative
- Hampshire Young Carers Initiative
- The National Family Health Inclusion Project
Our key objectives are:
- whole-family working - ensuring the needs of the whole family are considered in assessments and service provision
- promoting inclusion in school, the community and service provision for all young carers
- being inclusive of all - reaching out to vulnerable and excluded groups including black and minority ethnic families, refugee and asylum seeking families and all those affected by immigration controls
- providing information and advice about young carers and their families both nationally and locally, through our Hampshire funded work, to adults and children’s service providers, health agencies, schools and policy makers
Prevention Through Partnership
Our Prevention Through Partnership programme aims to increase early interventions that prevent poor outcomes for children, young people and their families.
This E-bulletin from our Include programme will give you an update on the Affecting Change for Families project, including details of free training and consultation events in Sheffield and York on 17 and 18 April 2012. You will also find information and resources for young carers and their families affected by HIV.
Programme manager: Jenny Frank