Programme manager: Lorna Jacques 020 8221 8220
We are commissioned by Greenwich Children's Services. We work with children and young people and the professionals who support them to improve their participation in the services they use and strengthen their involvement in decision-making. We work with different groups of children, young people and professionals across the borough. Our work includes:
- supporting disabled children and young people to have their say on Aiming High provision
- developing a forum for looked after children to have their say on the process, get involved in recruitment and share their experience with other looked after children, care leavers and the professionals who support them
- building the skills and capacity of young people and professionals involved in the Greenwich Young People's Council and area youth forums to make sure all young people's voices are heard, and help them have a real impact on decision-making within children's services. Read more about Greenwich Young People’s Council.
- helping school councils, children and adults have an influence on the whole school learning environment by helping them to identify issues that really matter to them and suggesting ways to tackle them
- bringing together children and young people from all of the above groups to contribute to an inclusive and representative young people's participation structure where all feel welcome, confortable and confident that their views will be respected
- providing strategic support, advice and training to the children's services commissioning for outcomes team, helping them to embed children and young people's participation in their work.