Offering a range of services for children, young people and families across Essex
Our services in Essex cover the whole of the county excluding the areas of Southend and Thurrock Unitary Authorities. Our services in Essex work with children, young people and families supporting them with a range of issues including drugs and alcohol, caring for a family member, domestic violence, crime and antisocial behaviour and parenting support. You can find out more about each of our services in Essex by following the links below.
Our longest running service in Essex, the Essex Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Service (EYPDAS) offers services for children, young people and families across the county divided into the four quadrants of Mid, North, South and West Essex. The services offered include an Integrated Recovery Management System, Structured Interventions Service, Community Resolutions, Drop in (by appointment), telephone helpline and needle and syringe provision. The service also provides training for professionals and offers bespoke courses for agencies across the county. Our targeted group workers ensure young people identified as at risk of substance use and misuse receive accurate and focused support and information.
EYPDAS services include:
- Integrated Recovery Management System
- Structured Interventions Service
- Community Resolutions
- Training for professionals
- Drop in (by appointment), helpline, needle and syringe provision
- Targeted group work
- Family alcohol work
- Youth alcohol workers
We also run the following services in Essex addressing a range of issues which vulnerable children and young people face.
- CHHAT: Community Hidden Harm Awareness Team – working across the county with those affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use
- Dare to Care in Mid Essex: working with those caring for a parent involved in offending behaviour, with mental issues, who uses drugs or alcohol, or who have witnesses domestic violence
- C.A.R.E CSE work: Children at Risk of Exploitation CSE work
- Safe in Essex: an early intervention service working with those young people who are beginning to display risky behaviours which if left unaddressed could develop into more serious problems
- Family Intervention Team: an early intervention service working with parents who are struggling with a child’s challenging behaviour
Find out more on The Children's Society East's website.