Lewisham Children's Centres
The Children's Society is delivering early years services in Lewisham, together with our partner the Pre-School Learning Alliance.
We provide activities, courses and classes at a wide range of children’s centres in the borough. To find out about services near you, please contact our hub centre at the address above.
Our goal is to give children the best start in life. We aim to keep children healthy and safe, to help them enjoy and achieve things through learning, and to grow up making a positive contribution to life.
Activities and services
In Lewisham, families and children will benefit from:
- Early Years Education and Childcare
- Family Heath Services
- Family Support and Parental Outreach
- Jobs and training
We are able to provide:
- Advice and Information to parents
- Family Work and Support
- Integrated Working
- Group Working
These are the types of activity on offer at children’s centres in Lewisham:
- Stay and Play sessions – indoor and outdoor
- Fathers’ / male carers’ groups
- Young parents’ groups
- Parenting programmes
- Play programmes
- Family support work
- Health Visitor clinics, eight-month checks and drop-in
- Midwifery drop-in and ante-natal appointments
- Breastfeeding support group
- Speech and language triage appointments
- Psychology Service courses
- Employment advice
- Adult learning opportunities
- Legal and financial advice
Wherever we provide early years’ services, we want to see children thrive and make new friends in a supportive atmosphere created by professional staff and caring volunteers.
Supporting the family
Family is one of our key priorities. That’s why we encourage parents, grandparents, step-parents, relatives and carers to come together and share play and learning with children.
We also provide a wealth of support for adult family members, including courses and advice on health, well-being, education and finding work.
Find out more about what we offer: