Isle of Wight
Welcome to The Children’s Society on the Isle of Wight
We provide a range of services on the Isle including five children centres in Ryde, West Wight, West Newport, Cowes and East Cowes. Our children’s centres aim to give babies and children under 5 the best possible start in life.
We also provide a targeted Family Support Service for parents, carers, children and young people (aged 5- 19).
The Children’s Society Family Support Service aims to:
- strengthen family relationships
- build emotional resilience
- empower families to become solution-focused
- use a child-centred approach to highlight how every child is unique and deserves to reach their full potential
- listen to and respect the views of children and their parents or carers
- help families provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children
- develop alternative parenting strategies and measure improved outcomes
- deliver an integrated approach, working closely with children’s centres, schools, First Response and other social care units where appropriate.
Working in collaboration with the family brings better outcomes for children, young people and parents.
We can support schools, children’s services and other professionals by:
- providing a range of services that promote and safeguard the welfare of families and their children
- partnering with schools and other agencies to provide a seamless service
- delivering evidence-based parenting programs such as Incredible Years, Family Links and Triple P
- offering one-to-one support to parents and carers, children and young people
- providing family consultations that deliver impartial and independent advice, as well as information and support for parents, children and young people
- supporting families to develop, maintain and enhance their well-being
- allocating family workers who offer regular reviews to celebrate progress and achievements.
Making a difference together
The Children’s Society’s Family Support Service, commissioned by the Isle of Wight Council, gives families and children every support they need to thrive.
We offer a safe place to work through difficult situations and help families to make informed choices about their future.
Our service values each individual and is available to families with children aged between 5 and 19.
To use our service please refer families by completing a CAF (common assessment framework) or CP (child protection) plan and submit this to:
Group Manager Administrator
Attn Amanda Sheen/ Bemi Farmer
Children’s Service Centre
Isle of Wight
Telephone 01983 525 790