Four Woods Children's Centre
Centre manager: Helen Huntley
Four Woods Children’s Centre offers a variety of learning, play and support groups for under-fives and their families.
- Baby Massage offers parents and carers an opportunity to learn to massage a baby effectively in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Chatterbox Baby Clinic is a weekly drop-in clinic held at Honicknowle Community Centre with local health visitors and centre staff. It includes play activities for parents and children to enjoy.
- Blooming Buds Baby Group is a drop-in baby group for parents and carers with babies younger than one year old.
- Little Green Fingers is a weekly drop-in group at Bluebells Children's Centre. We will pay visits to our allotment plot and get our hands dirty, growing our own fruit, vegetables and herbs.
- The Parent Forum meets once a month, providing local parents with children age five or younger the chance to input and voice their ideas on what they’d like the centre to offer.
- Latch On Breastfeeding Support Group is a drop in group held at Tesco Café, Transit Way, Tuesdays 10.30-12.30pm which offers breastfeeding advice and support from trained breastfeeding peer supporters.
- Toddler Time (Honicknowle Community Centre) & Tot’s Time (Bluebells Children’s Centre) are drop-in groups for families and carers with children aged nine months up to five years with fun activities and games.
- Guys & Games is a Saturday group for dads, granddads, male carers and their children aged five and under, next meeting on Saturday 20 October 10.00am.
- Adult Learning courses are delivered by Family & Parent Learning at the centre. Please contact for details and start dates of the next courses on offer to book on (limited crèche places are available).
- Family Information Service sessions are being held fortnightly between Four Woods & Bluebells offering support for all family and individual needs including childcare and costs, benefits and tax calculations, filling out forms, signposting and ongoing one-to-one support. Booking essential.
- Whats for Lunch? is a packed lunch group held at Bluebells for under-fives and their carers to promote ghealthy eating, share ideas and have fun.
- Songs & Stories Together is a group for under-fives focusing on reading books, story sacks and singing.
- HENRY – Health, Exercise, Nutrition for the Really Young is an eight week course starting in October exploring what makes a healthy family lifestyle and getting support to deal with some of the challenges along the way. Referrals only.
- Training & Employment Clinics are being held with an advisor form the National Careers Service on 1 November and 6 December, booking essential.
Please read our Autumn 2012 programme.