Tees Valley restorative justice
The Tees Valley restorative justice service has strong partnership links across the sector that enable children, young people and their parents access the support services needed that lead to a better chance of employment.
Our specific aim is to work with the identified partners to offer volunteer opportunities via a voluntary bureau delivered by Stockton residents.
The aim of our restorative justice programme is to:
- prevent children from reoffending
- support good parenting
- heal relationships between children and adults
- build a child's social and emotional aspects of learning
- enable children to make amends for their mistakes
- promote community togetherness.
We achieve this by providing restorative solutions, including:
- family mediation/conferencing
- victim offender mediation
- victim awareness
- reparation to the victim and community
- restorative mentoring (ensuring agreed solutions are carried out).