Safe Choices training and consultancy
Safe Choices offers a range of specialist services with the aim of supporting professionals, organisations and local authorities to better understand and respond to the complex issues of young women involved in, or associated with, gang and serious youth violence.
Training for professionals
Drawing on research, good practice and the views and experiences of the young women we work with, we have developed a unique training programme for professionals dealing with the challenges and complexities of working with young women involved in, or at risk of involvement, in serious youth violence. Some of the questions we cover are:
- How serious is young women’s involvement in serious youth violence?
- What are the push/pull factors and context of young women’s violent offending?
- How do we respond to young women who are both offenders and victims?
- How do young women experience sexual violence in the context of group and gang offending?
- How do we work holistically with young women and young men?
- What are the practical tools we can use in responding to young women involved in or at risk of involvement in serious youth violence?
Through our training we will support you to ensure your workforce is more confident and better equipped to identify and respond to young women involved in or at risk of involvement in serious youth violence.
Safe Choices Practitioner Training
We can also train professionals with the tools and practice of Safe Choices. This will support your organisation or local area to develop a sustainable local response to young women and serious youth violence,
Your local practitioners will:
- Receive an intensive and accredited modular training programme, preparing them to deliver the Safe Choices model with confidence in your local area
- Become a member of our online practitioner’s network, where they will access the latest developments in research and learning around the Safe Choices model through our website
- Be part of a quality assured network of practitioners and benefit from networking events.
We can support you to evaluate the strengths and needs of your organisation or local area when it comes to working with young women involved in gangs and violent offending.
- We will consult directly with young people, practitioners and managers of front line services to understand local knowledge, concerns and trends.
- We will scope existing local provision for an understanding of, and response to, the unique and complex issues regarding young women and serious youth violence.
We will work alongside you and your partners to identify local needs and provide realistic recommendations on how to respond to these.
For more information on training and consultancy please contact:
Geraldine Boyles - Geraldine.firstname.lastname@example.org - 0207 358 2037
Barbara Ioannou - email@example.com - 0207 683 1270