CHOICES Structured Interventions Service (SIS)
What we do
The Structured Interventions Service delivers interventions via a specialist community-based service across the county, using one to one, groupwork and family models.
The service is available to:
- All clients of any age, who have been assessed as having a dependence on one or more substance, including young people who are involved in the Youth Justice system.
- All clients of any age who have drug and/or alcohol misuse problems
- All clients/families assessed as requiring non-medical therapeutic substance misuse related interventions
How we do it
The Structured Interventions Service is delivered in partnership by EYPDAS and Open Road, and provides a seamless service to young people and adults, their families and carers. Where EYPDAS have been working with a young person prior to their 18th birthday we are able to continue working with them, supporting them to access the range of services provided by the integrated partnership.
The SIS is delivered in a range of settings e.g. home visits, structured recovery programmes in quadrant bases and community settings.
Some of the services offered:
- Individual support and therapeutic groupwork
- A range of counselling techniques e.g. brief interventions, CBT, BTEI
- Support for parents and families including MPACT
- Relapse prevention
- Sexual health services including Chlamydia screening and C-card
- Access to positive activities e.g. art and gym groups, EYPSMF (young people’s forum)
- Needle and syringe provision
- Structured recovery programme
- Targeted groupwork programmes
We work closely with Youth Offending Team workers, Police, CAMHS, Social Care and a range of other professionals to ensure children, young people and families get the support they need.
We accept referrals from professionals, parents and carers – but most importantly, young people can refer themselves to the service. We only accept referrals if the young person has given their consent.
Referrals should be made to the IRMS Single Point of Contact. Once an assessment has taken place the Recovery Manager will refer on to the SIS where appropriate.
Essex Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Service
114 Springfield Road
Essex CM2 6LF
Single Point of Contact for IRMS referrals 08444 991 323
Fax 01245 491 400
General enquiries 01245 493 311
Text CHOICES to 80800