What we do
As part of the West Midlands Hub, we currently provide a range of services across Birmingham and Coventry covering a broad range of issues which impact on children and families. Our main areas of work are:
Helping Further: working with children and families affected by destitution (also operates in the Black Country) - specifically working with families who have no recourse to public funds.
MY Place: befriending young unaccompanied asylum seekers and refugees in Birmingham and Coventry - through youth groups, giving them a place to meet and group work to help develop their life skills.
Counselling: working with young unaccompanied asylum seekers and refugees - providing a counselling service to support their emotional wellbeing.
Press Play: working with asylum seeking children housed in temporary accommodation in Birmingham - providing opportunities for play.
Streetwise Birmingham: specialising in working with young people who go missing in Birmingham - independent return interviews, intensive support and awareness raising.
Streetwise Coventry: providing a specialist service for young people at high risk of CSE in Coventry - delivering preventative work and support to young people aged 11-18 years old who are at risk of being sexually exploited.
Our other contact details:
2nd Floor, Eaton House, 1 Eaton Road, Coventry, CV1 2FJ
Tel: 02476 230 060
Who we are
Jenny Mahimbo, Programme Manager.
Emma Suddle, Temp Service Co-ordinator, Streetwise
- Eleni Adamou, Project Worker (BM)
- Manley Gordon, Project Worker (BM)
- Angela Turton, Project Worker (BM)
- Lucy Boulton, Project Worker (BM)
- Emma Lance-Pencheon (BM)
- Shaheda Khatun, Project Worker (CV)
- Kerstin Friend, Project Worker (CV)
- Natalie Turner, Project Worker (CV)
Kerry Boffin, Temp Service Co-ord, Streetwise & Migrant Team
- Mohammed Shazad, Project Worker, (HFBM)
- Lizzy Bell, Project Worker (MY Place)
- Mark Brown, Counsellor
Kerry Boffin, Coordinator for Streetwise Birmingham
- Kerstin Friend, Interim Coordinator for Streetwise Coventry.
- Lucy Bolton, Volunteer Coordinator for Streetwise
- Emma Lance-Pencheon, Parent Support Worker for Streetwise
- Fiona Wallace, Counsellor for Streetwise
Gill Heath, Administration Manager
- Salmah Bi, Admin Assistant, Helping Further
- Angela Walker, Admin, Streetwise