Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

British parents join call to protect children from loan adverts

Three-quarters of British parents want payday loan companies to be banned from broadcasting TV and radio adverts to children.

Abuse inquiry must hear children’s voices

Our chief executive responds to the new chair for independent inquiry into child abuse.

160,000 more children in poverty getting free school meals

Introduction of free school meals for all infant school children is important first step to pave way for all children in poverty to get this key support.

Post adoption and care service

Our service is an 'Access to Records' service, sharing records with those who were either adopted or in the care of our homes (which we no longer run)

Volunteer at one of our shops

Visit our volunteering section to learn about available roles

Donate items to our shops

Find out how you can give your unwanted items to support our work

Find your local shop

Use our map to find the shop nearest to you

English children less happy than those in developing countries

England lags behind developing countries like Romania, Algeria, Brazil and South Africa when it comes to how happy and satisfied its children are, new The Children’s Society research out today (28 August) reveals.

The Good Childhood Report 2014 – which brings together the latest international and domestic evidence based on the views of more than 50,000 children - exposes that around half a million children in the UK have low well-being.