What issues affect children and young people today? On our blog, our volunteers, staff, leaders and the young people we work with share their experiences and tackle the issues. Let us know what you think – leave a comment or send us a message about what you find on our blog.
Welcome to Volunteers' Week
Volunteers' Week is here. This is our once-a-year opportunity to thank and feature the incredible contribution of our thousands of volunteers make to our organisation.
Across the country, from 1-7 June we are featuring our volunteers in several ways, including:
- Our volunteers are taking over our Twitter account - we'll tweet their quotes from almost every hour throughout the week
- Each day we'll feature profiles of volunteers and volunteer managers on our Facebook page and blog
In the physical world, we will:
- Post thank you posters and postcards to the hundreds of teams of volunteers we have supporting our work across the country
- Broadcast thank you messages for our volunteers at our network of almost 100 charity shops - and we have Volunteers' Week messages printed on every receipt
- Young people we work with at our programmes and projects will be volunteering with our Senior Leadership Team
Also, we'll be thanking our volunteers in our projects, children’s centres, shops and communities across the country. Our goal is to thank every person who gives their time, energy and skills to support our cause to hear how much we appreciate what they do.
Today, we have two great stories on our blog. Our Chief Executive, Matthew Reed thanks our volunteers. The other is
And if you haven’t volunteered with us before and would like to get involved then Volunteers' Week is your perfect opportunity to do so. You can read all about our range of volunteering opportunities here.
Thanks for checking in - please continue to check in throughout the week for more about our fantastic volunteers.