Infographic: What dangers do young runaways like Susie face?
Easter is a time to spend with family and loved ones but for some children this is a very different story. Across the country, 9205 children will be forced to run away and risk being hurt or harmed on the streets during Lent (5 March – 19 April).
Please read Susie’s story.
Each year we help hundreds of runaway children through our network of programmes and services, children who desperately need our help to rebuild their lives.
Your donation helps
Your gift to our Easter appeal can make a big difference:
- £20 could help a project worker give immediate care and support to a neglected child.
- £50 could help train a new project worker so they can provide vital support to neglected children on the streets who have turned to drugs to forget painful memories.
- £75 could run a family mediation session that helps a neglected child speak about the anger and hurt which forced them to run away.
Please support our Easter appeal today.
Our new infographic shows the danger that young people face when they’re away from home. It also illustrates how our help is tackling the problem, by helping hundreds of young people directly and hundreds of thousands more by supporting local authorities improve their practice through our Runaways Charter.
You can find the facts behind our infographic in a handful of our reports about young runaways.
The two other items are:
- As of today, 40 out of 150 councils have signed up to our Runaways Charter. We have a map of the local authorities on our Make Runaways Safe website.
- The fact about refuge beds available to young runaways is contained in our Make Runaways Safe report.
Terms and conditions: Texts to 70020 will cost £3 plus one message at your standard network rate. Please read our full SMS terms and conditions.
You can help
Find out about Susie’s story, and donate today.