What issues affect children and young people today? On our blog, our volunteers, staff, leaders and the young people we work with share their experiences and tackle the issues. Let us know what you think – leave a comment or send us a message about what you find on our blog.
A great honour for our volunteers and our organisation
I'm very proud to announce that we have been successful in achieving the Investing in Volunteers accreditation.
This accreditation is a great achievement. It confirms that we have a volunteering programme that:
- meets all good practice standards set out in the charitable sector
- our volunteers go through a robust recruitment procedure
- our volunteers receive full induction and training
- our volunteers are recognised for their incredible efforts
This is an enormous success for volunteers and our staff across our charity.
Thank you, volunteers
This accreditation confirms that we’re meeting our biggest volunteering goals, which are that our volunteers:
- are engaged with our work and organisation
- are proud to volunteer for us
- know that they are an important part of our mission
I and our tremendous volunteering team and staff across our organisation are equally proud of our volunteers.
If you are one of the tens of thousands of people who give us the gift of their time every day, week or year, we appreciate it. Without you, we quite simply couldn’t help improve the lives of children, young people and families.
What you can do next
Read more from
Subjects: Volunteers' voices