Learn more about The Debt Trap, our campaign to end debt's damaging effects on children.
Many publications run their annual 'best of' list and the end of a year. This year, we chose to hold our pieces until the new year, giving us more time to consider the best five stories in some of the key areas of our blog.
Our top five volunteering blogs kick off our brief series of 'top 5' posts from 2013.
Proud and impressed by our volunteers' voices
This year we have been spoilt by the hugely insightful and inspiring volunteers blogs. Every week I have been proud and impressed by the voices of our volunteers.
Here at the beginning of 2014 I wanted to highlight five of our best blogs of 2013. It's a chance to celebrate, remember and once again be humbled by the huge contribution of our volunteers.
I also want to use this opportunity to again thank every single volunteer who gives us their time. Last year was a transformational year for us and the children, young people and families we support. Quite simply, we could not have done it without our volunteers. Thank you.
Our top five
In no order:
- Matthew describes his experience volunteering
- Oliver, a young man, recaps his day spent at our headquarters
- Our Chief Executive, Matthew Reed thanks our volunteers in a video
- Third Sector magazine featured our volunteers' tweets during Volunteers' Week - we presented just a few of the things people said about volunteering
- Formerly in the care system, Ruth shares her experience volunteering with our policy team
What you can do next
Read more from
Subjects: Volunteers' voices