Learn more about The Debt Trap, our campaign to end debt's damaging effects on children.
Young people in Hackney, Haringey and Enfield invited to Go for Gold
If you are a young person living in the London boroughs of Hackney, Haringey or Enfield and want to help improve your community, now is the time to begin planning ways you can make a difference.
Beginning this summer, our Youth Development Project of the Diocese of London will fund projects that tackle issues affecting young people and their communities.
The Youth Development Project will give groups the opportunity to apply for a Go for Gold award grant. Each grant of between £50-500 will enable young people to bring their ideas to life and put youth action on the map.
What can the grant be applied to?
The grants can be applied to a short film, music project, drama workshop/event, trip, newsletter, exhibition, a special event or equipment.
If you have a voice and ideas for making a difference and changing your world, then you and your youth project are encouraged to apply for a grant.
Planning your project
Keep these questions in mind while planning your project:
- Do you want the money to run your own youth project?
- Are you ready to put youth action on the map?
- Can you show us that your ideas will really work?
Your project must help young people to stay out of trouble and do something positive, as well as one of the three additional criteria:
- Benefit your community
- Help young people to stay safe
- Promote a positive image of young people
Your group may be asked to give a short presentation to other young people.
You can apply for a grant if:
- You are a group of two-to-20 young people.
- You are between 10-18 years old.
- You want to organise an activity or project for young people who are 10-18 years old.
- You live, study, work or attend a youth group/club or church in Hackney, Haringey or Enfield.
You will need an adult (youth leader, teacher etc) who will provide your group with support in the application process.
Apply for Go for Gold
Applications for this year's Go for Gold award grants will be made available this summer.
For further information or to register your interest please contact our Participation Worker via email or telephone, 020 7932 1126.