Learn more about The Debt Trap, our campaign to end debt's damaging effects on children.
Try out our new supporter magazine
Our new magazine is titled Voice, which really sums up what we are all about. In it, we:
- Listen to the voices of children and young people
- Are guided by their voices both in the direct work we do but also in our campaigning and lobbying work
- Amplify their voices so that they can be heard in the corridors of power
We couldn’t do this work without our supporters – whether you volunteer, fundraise, campaign or donate to us.
What you'll find
Our first issue features:
- an update on what’s happening around the organisation
- an in-depth look at young carers, including stories from this year's Young Carers Festival and first-person pieces by a young carer and the Children's Commissioner, Dr Maggie Atkinson
- a look at how supporter generosity is helping us and our work
- an overview of the breadth of work we do, from runaways to young refugees
- a volunteer at one of our programmes talks about why she supports our work
- celebrity chef and entrepreneur Levi Roots joins us for a chat and a cuppa
- great fundraising ideas for the Christmas season, including Christingle
- news from our supporters’ fundraising activities and upcoming opportunities to get involved
- a range of retail therapies to help you shop and at the same time contribute to helping others
Take a look at Voice
We're making Voice as convenient and accessible as possible, creating versions that can be read on your laptop or desktop computer, as well as a smartphone, tablet, Kindle or other e-reader.
Please read Voice in the format that is most convenient for you:
- View the online magazine - Also perfect for Iphone, Ipad and Android devices
- In addition to a PDF version of the magazine
- A plain text version can be downloaded or found on our website
- Download an ePub file that can be read on your e-reader
Been inspired by the latest version of Voice? Please help us continue our vital work and donate to The Children's Society today.