Jenny Frank MBE
Jenny Frank is Programme Manager of The Children’s Society Include project, which is home to the National Young Carers Initiative. She has worked for The Children’s Society in the field of young carers and their families for over 15 years.
She is the author of a number of publications including ‘Making it Work’ and ‘Key Principles of Practice’ both endorsed by DfE and DH. She has been instrumental in raising awareness of the needs of young carers and their families and campaigned nationally, for service delivery to adopt a Whole Family Approach and to be inter-agency and inter-departmental responsibility.
Her work and that of The Children’s Society’s is based on enabling young carers to be consulted and to support them in enabling their views and wishes to be heard and influence change in policy and service delivery.
Jenny has also been invited to inform best practice internationally including New Zealand, Canada, Kenya and Germany and she is now Honorary President of Young Carer’s Initiative Canada. Jenny is a member of The Government Standing Commission for Carers and was recently awarded an MBE for services to young carers.
She has recently chaired a series of National roadshows focusing on needs of families where there is parental mental illness and substance dependency.
Areas of expertise
- Young carers, whole family - working in families with complex health needs.
Recent speaking engagements
- Chairing National Conferences on young carers and their families in partnership
- Plenary presentations at national conferences on young carers and their families in partnership
- Speaking at local authority conferences and training events (recent engagements include Peterborough, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Cambridge).
- Recent international work has included delivering a podcast for University of Toronto while in Canada
- Ppresenting models of best practice in Northern Germany.