It's a Rock-Out At The Children's Society Gig
06 June 2007
Artists and a-listers at 'The Children's Society Rock the House Live' gig are in for a hopping great time as oversized kids toy will be provided to keep them entertained.
Space Hoppers, Mini guitars and drums, pogo sticks, twister, a giant ball pond and giant bean-bags will all be the centre of the party backstage at the children’s charity gig, taking place in Leeds on 31st August in Leeds. Iggy Pop and The Stooges. The Horrors, Idlewild, Suns and Daughters and Sunshine Underground are among the star-studded line up ready to rock Harewood House in support of The Children’s Society.
The backstage area of the mini festival will be designed and laid out with a ‘play’ theme inbuilt giving everyone performing, and their celebrity pals, some ‘child’s play’ and a chance to relax before and after belting out their sets to the fans.
Idlewild comments: "We are delighted to be asked to play at the concert for The Children's Society. It's a great cause, a great line up of bands and a great way to raise funds for the charity. All in all, a great day!"
Sons & Daughters comments: "Everyone deserves a good childhood and The Children's Society aims to help disadvantaged kids have one. It's going to be a storming show and Sons And Daughters will be right at the front for Iggy and the Stooges!"
Stu Jones, The Sunshine Underground comments: "We're really looking forward to this show. Iggy is a legend. Harewood House is a mint venue too. It'll also be nice to catch up with The Horrors again, who are top fellas. Obviously the main thing about the show though is The Children's Society who are a very worthwhile cause"
Richard Johnson of The Children’s Society comments: ‘The concert is to raise awareness and cash for The Children’s Society so we wanted to take the performers and their friends back to when they were kids. We felt any entertainment we might have would definitely need to be some childish fun.’
The intimate music extravaganza has been limited to 10,000 guests and is expected to sell out within days. General ticket release will be 9am, Friday 1 June.
Notes to Editors:
Please contact Laurence Lancashire in the media team on 020 7841 4422 or email@example.com for all press enquiries.
Telephone ticket outlets:
Ticketmaster 0845 145 1161
Harewood House 0113 218 1000
Crash Records Leeds 0113 243 6743
Jumbo Records Leeds 0113 245 5570
- ‘The Children’s Society Rock the House Live’ will be held at Harewood House, Leeds on Friday 31st August 2007.
- Rock the House Live is a half-day concert starting ay 4pm and continuing until 11pm.
- Monies raised from Rock The House will go towards continuing efforts and ensuring that all children are afforded the opportunities and support they deserve.
- The Children’s Society is a national children’s charity working with over 50,000 children and teenagers every year, in 90 towns and cities. It works in partnership with communities, schools and families. It helps: children at risk on the streets; children in trouble with the law; young refugees; children with disabilities.
* Ticket price is subject to booking fees.