Whether you want an easy adventure for a good cause or a truly challenging charity trek, our local and international events will have something for you
Put on your trekking boots and sign up for one of our charity treks today.
We will be with you every step of the way, providing you with advice and support and making it easy for you to enjoy the event as much as possible.
Get involved – select one of our treks or get your place in any other trekking event here in the UK or around the world and join our team.
|Event||Date||Find out more|
|Yorkshire 3 Peaks||9-10 June 2017|
|Mt Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Route||10-21 July 2017|
|Everest Base Camp||22 Sept - 9 Oct 2017|
|Great Wall of China trek||21-29 October 2017|
|Lake District 5 Peak Challenge||May + Sept 2017, Jan 2018|
|Got your own place in a trek?||2017 or 2018|
This is how we can support you
By trekking as part of our team you’ll receive:
- First-class service from our dedicated events team
- The Children’s Society branded top, personalised with your name
- Fundraising support and resources, including email updates and invaluable fundraising advice
- The knowledge that you will be helping a wide range of children and young people who urgently need someone to be there for them, when they have nowhere left to turn
- You’ll be doing something amazing, by taking on a challenge and something which you enjoy, whilst also doing something good to improve the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children and young people
How your trekking benefits our work
By fundraising for us, you be joining an amazing community of people of all ages who are doing exciting, challenging and extraordinary things to change the lives of vulnerable children across the UK.
By taking part in a fundraising event for The Children’s Society, you’ll help a wide range of children who desperately need our support, from young carers and runaways escaping abuse, to those struggling in the care system and victims of child sexual exploitation/children living in poverty and neglect.
You can find out more about what we do to fight child poverty and neglect and help all children have a better chance in life.
These are children we help
We worked with over 18,000 vulnerable children and young people last year. Our campaign wins will bring life-changing support to more than 5.6 million. To find out more information about the impact we had and our work, please read our Impact Report.
From young carers to children recovering from sexual exploitation, we have stories of just some of the children we help.
Top tips for trekking
When training and preparing for your trek, remember the following:
- Every trek is different – have a look at the course and identify anything that you might need to train for, like hills
- Use training plans and advice – we can direct you to relevant training plans and general tips and advice for training for a cycling event
- Get advice when you need it – we can help with any questions or point you towards the right direction with experts or experienced trekkers
- Stay safe – this may seem an obvious goal but our training team can provide advice,to help keep you out of harm’s way during training and on your trek
- Avoid injury – from pre- and post-trek exercises to sticking to the group plan, we can support you
- Stay motivated – If you’re trekking for the first time or pushing yourself to do your first group trekking event, staying motivated can be a challenge. We can help you find what motivates you along with the children and young people you will be supporting and offer ways to keep in touch with our events team and also help build communities of fellow trekkers