Take on a swimming challenges to help change the lives of children and young people all around the UK
Get your swimming costume out and sign up for one of our swimming challenges today.
We will be with you every step of the way, providing you with advice and support and making it easy for you to enjoy the event as much as possible.
Get involved – join our team after securing your place in any swimming event here in the UK or around the world.
|Event||Date||Find out more|
|Got your own place in a swimming challenge?||2017 or 2018|
This is how we can support you
By taking on a swimming challenge and joining our team you’ll receive:
- First-class service from our dedicated events team
- Fundraising support and resources, including email updates and invaluable fundraising advice
- The knowledge that you will be helping a wide range of children and young people who urgently need someone to be there for them, when they have nowhere left to turn
- You’ll be doing something amazing, by taking on a challenge and something which you enjoy, whilst also doing something good to improve the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children and young people
How your swimming benefits our work
By fundraising for us, you be joining an amazing community of people of all ages who are doing exciting, challenging and extraordinary things to change the lives of vulnerable children across the UK.
By taking part in a fundraising event for The Children’s Society, you’ll help a wide range of children who desperately need our support, from young carers and runaways escaping abuse, to those struggling in the care system and victims of child sexual exploitation/children living in poverty and neglect.
You can find out more about what we do to fight child poverty and neglect and help all children have a better chance in life.
These are children we help
We worked with over 18,000 vulnerable children and young people last year. Our campaign wins will bring life-changing support to more than 5.6 million. To find out more information about the impact we had and our work, please read our Impact Report.
From young carers to children recovering from sexual exploitation, we have stories of just some of the children we help.
Top tips for swimming challenges
When training and preparing for your swim remember the following:
- Every swimming challenge is different – have a look at the course and identify anything that you might need to prepare for, like appropriate swimwear or open water guidance
- Use training plans and advice – we can direct you to relevant training plans and general tips and advice for training for your swimming challenge
- Get advice when you need it – we can help with any questions or point you towards the right direction with experts or experienced swimmers
- Stay safe – this may seem an obvious goal but our training team can provide advice, to help keep you out of harm’s way during training and on swim day
- Avoid injury – from stretches and breathing to building up your distance, you will be continually supported
- Stay motivated – if you’re taking on a swimming challenge for the first time or pushing yourself for an exciting, open water challenge, staying motivated can be a challenge. We can help you find what motivates you, along with the children and young people you will be supporting and offer ways to keep in touch with our events team and also help to build communities of fellow swimmers