Sign up and start training for something special, here or abroad
Put on your running shoes and sign up for one of our charity marathons today.
We will be with you every step of the way, providing you with advice and support and making it easy for you to enjoy the event as much as possible.
|Event||Date||Find out more|
|Barcelona Marathon||12 March 2017|
|Brighton Marathon||9 April 2017|
|London Marathon||23 April 2017|
This is how we can support you
By running a marathon as part of our team you’ll receive:
- First-class service from our dedicated events team
- The Children’s Society branded running vest, personalised with your name
- Fundraising support and resources, including email updates and invaluable fundraising advice
- The knowledge that you will be helping a wide range of children and young people who urgently need someone to be there for them, when they have nowhere left to turn
- Training advice from fitness experts Running With Us – after you sign up for an event, we will offer you bespoke training advice and guides from our training supporter team
- Running with Us bring a wealth of running experience, qualifications and working with many of the UK's biggest sports brands, TV and media personalities and managing GB squads at events
- You’ll be doing something amazing, by taking on a challenge and something which you enjoy, whilst also doing something good to improve the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children and young people
How your running benefits our work
By fundraising for us, you be joining an amazing community of people of all ages who are doing exciting, challenging and extraordinary things to change the lives of vulnerable children across the UK.
By taking part in a fundraising event for The Children’s Society, you’ll help a wide range of children who desperately need our support, from young carers and runaways escaping abuse, to those struggling in the care system and victims of child sexual exploitation/children living in poverty and neglect.
You can find out more about what we do to fight child poverty and neglect and help all children have a better chance in life.
These are children we help
We worked with over 18,000 vulnerable children and young people last year. Our campaign wins will bring life-changing support to more than 5.6 million. To find out more information about the impact we had and our work, please read our Impact Report.
From young carers to children recovering from sexual exploitation, we have stories of just some of the children we help.
Top tips for running
When training and preparing for your run, remember the following:
- Every run is different – have a look at the course and identify anything that you might need to train for, like hills
- Use our fantastic training plans – we can send you the training plan(s) you request when you run on our team from beginner, intermediate or experienced levels
- Get advice when you need it – we can help with any questions or point you towards the right direction with experts or experienced runners
- Stay safe – this may seem an obvious goal but our training team can provide advice,to help keep you out of harm’s way during training and on race day
- Avoid injury – from pre- and post-running exercises to setting a long-term plan for your training, we can support you, along with our training experts
- Stay motivated – Especially if you’re running for the first time or pushing yourself to do your first half-marathon or full marathon, staying motivated during your training can be a challenge. We can help you find what motivates you along with the children and young people you will be supporting and offer ways to keep in touch with our events team and also help build communities of fellow runners