Our vision: A country where children are free from disadvantage. Our mission: We fight for change, supporting disadvantaged children to have better lives.
How we do this
We are fighting child poverty on several fronts:
- By nurturing children in their early years through our children's centres and other services.
- By strengthening families through providing crucial advice, information and family support.
- By providing a lifeline for destitute families, including the very basics for survival.
- By running a major campaign to expose the damage that debt causes to children’s lives.
- By supporting families out of the debt trap by providing practical debt advice in our children's centres.
- By supporting young people on The Children's Commission on Poverty to investigate and expose the real impact that poverty has on children's lives.
- By forging major alliances with many others, such as the Church of England and StepChange Debt Charity, to increase our influence and expertise to bring about even greater change.
- By directly lobbying local and national decision-makers around poverty, destitution and welfare reform.
We are tackling neglect and supporting victims directly:
- By helping hundreds of thousands of young carers have a proper childhood.
- By providing support for young runaways and victims of sexual exploitation.
- By supporting and speaking out for unaccompanied asylum-seekers and victims of trafficking.
- By supporting families to support teenagers at risk of harm.
- By providing immediate help to tackle parental and teenage substance misuse.
- By providing life-changing therapy and counselling for teenagers and young adults struggling with mental and emotional health issues.